Friday, September 29, 2006

New Assignment

It has been several weeks since I have posted any new content. There has been a lot of change in our organization and this has led to a new opportunity for me to serve in a new and challenging role. I have been assigned as the chief operations officer for the Kabul Military Training Center.

This role is a major move and represents an opportunity to earn the trust of a new command in a role that will return me to my roots as an infantryman. I will be working for Colonel Jim Lyman, who serves as the U.S. Commander and Senior Mentor to the Afghan National Army's primary doctrinal training center. Located just a few miles from my current assignment, I will continue to serve in Kabul and be in close proximity to the command here.

It represents a new beginning in a new command. I am thankful for the oportunity to serve in this new role and look forward to the change. It will enable me to diversify my experience and grow back toward the management of current and future operations. It is very exciting. I assume the role within two days.

For now, I must pack up my gear and relocate to new quarters in a new location, closer to the role we are all here for, training the Afghans.

This is going to be great.

-out here

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

That's great!!!! :) Good luck with your move - praying all goes well with you. :)

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home