Saturday, July 15, 2006

Rockets overhead

Nice. Well, the Command Sergeant Major of the 205th RCAG called it over a dinner of crab legs and lobster tails...I guess that is a standard Saturday night fever here. As we finished our dinner, Col. Jeff Petrucci, Maj. Perry Tangen, the Cmd. Sgt. Maj. and I wiped our chins and gathered the refuse of the dinner plates. "I think we'll get hit with rocket fire tonight, Gentlemen. 2000, maybe 2200. Mark me."

As Maj. Tangen and I were taking advantage of the DSN networks access to connect locally with our wives, it came in. ZZZZSSSCHHHRRRRREEWWWWWW...BOOM ZZzsgcrewww..Biff! Two rockets right overhead landed in the middle of our FOB.

The reports have come in that there were no serious injuries, only one slight wound, but it served as a reminder of the danger of th theatre. Interestingly enough, one of the company first sergeants said it reminded him of five o' clock Charlie on MASH. No aim , random chaos, but occassionally a near hit or minor success.

Going down for the night. I need to make sure my reporters are doing well...They are, but I should hear it from them.

-out here

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Yikes! Glad everyone is (or will be) OK after that. Y'all are in our prayers & thoughts always.

"Momma Kat" - a Soldiers' Angel
www.SoldiersAngels.org

9:14 AM  
Blogger Rachel S said...

So happy to find your blog. My husband, also from OR, is deployed with you guys. I'll be reading along! - Rachel http://www.yukonjoe.com

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home